Address: 93756, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Contact number: +60 82-532 222
Stayed in a deluxe king room for a night.
Cost: RM199.30 (included GST, via booking.com)
Ratings (Out of five ⭐️)
- Location: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Hotel facilities: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Room conditions: ⭐️⭐️
- Space of the room: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Customer service: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Value of money: ⭐️⭐️
- It has a strategic location whereby waterfront is just in front of the hotel and 24-hour restaurants(KFC and McDonald) are just nearby. There are few restaurants, pubs and reflexology in that area. You can walk around to discover more.
- Toiletries they provided were superb. However, you need to special request for disposable razor, comb and toothbrush set.
- 5-star customer service is provided. Their staffs are polite and being helpful. They provide luggage storage. In addition, when you buy too much kek lapis and the mini fridge in the room could not store it, you can hand over to the reception counter and receptionist will keep it for you into a bigger refrigerator.
- There was a strange smell in the room. Its bathroom, pillows, bed and blanket as well as its wardrobe had an unpleasant odor.
- The exterior design of this hotel is old, it is the same goes to its furniture in the room! The sofa, the bathtub, the carpet, the wardrobe and many more!
The pros for staying at Riverside Majestic Hotel are more than the cons listed. Nonetheless, if I am going to Kuching for the second time, I will not choose this hotel again due to the strange smell. As I walked by the walkway to go to my room, I felt like I was in a haunted hotel (sorry to say that).
In short, it’s uncomfortable to stay overnight in this hotel although they have marvelous customer service.