Successful conflict resolution includes:
1. Accurate diagnosis of the nature and source of the conflict
2. A clear understanding of how each party is contributing to the conflict
3. Skills and processes for defining alternatives, constructively negotiating outcomes and creativity developing win-win resolutions
Resolving conflict effectively can:
1. Reduce individual stress, disruptive activities and potential for vindictive or counter-productive behavior
2. Release the energy of individuals to work
3. Break down territorial barriers, increasing organisational effectiveness and promoting cross-functional synergism
4. Establish models, skills and agreements for resolving conflicts in the future.
Copied from Moral Studies notes.